Thinking of a Mac but a few questions first

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had a Dell for about the last 4 years and am thinking of getting the Black Macbook. I just have a few questions before I do.

1. I have an external HD where I copied my entire Itunes library from. Can I just drag that onto a Macbook and have all of my itunes songs and settings working?

2. Can I play any video format using a macbook?

3. Are there any important programs that you have encountered that don't work?

That's all I have for now, but I would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Dan

Reaction score
the external HD should work, but you must put the iTunes music files in the iTunes Library which you will find when you get your mac. Quicktime can play certain video formats, and if you install Flip4Mac plugin you can play Windows Media. Perian is another plugin you can install that lets you play many, many different formats. by important programs you mean things like Microsoft Office, there is a version of MS Office for Mac. you can also use Apple iWork. The Macbook comes with Mac OS X which includes many different apps for movie and picture editing, music recording, email, web surfing, etc. Many 'important' application usually have been ported to Mac or have a Mac equivalent. good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
1. Your HD shouldn't be a problem, however, you will need to import your music and playlists into iTunes on the Mac.
2. I'm pretty sure most, if not all video formats are playable on the Mac. At least I haven't run into any difficulties so far.
3. Everything I've tried to run on 10.5.2 has ran beautifully.

Good luck! I've had my MacBook over a month now and am loving it more each day!

OP
D
Reaction score
Okay, I thought of another one. Is there anyway to use 3rd party TV tuner programs with the macbook?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.