Garage Sale and Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24ins 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I have just bought Elements 6 for Mac and am trying to use it in conjunction with Garage Sale for ebay auctions.

I upload photographs to Elements, edit them and save as JPEGs.

When I construct auctions using Garage Sale the edited photos do not appear in 'Media' used by Garage Sale to access images. The raw camera shots are in iPhoto library but not the edited versions and have to go into Finder and look in Applications for the edited photos.

This seems to me to be rather clumsy.

This may be a very stupid question but is there any way in which I can make the edited shots appear in iPhoto (the raw camera images are in the library but not the edited images)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Just import the edited ones into iPhoto.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK - yes I can do that. But as PE is supposed to integrate into iPhoto I would have thought edited shots could be saved directly into it. Is that possible?

If I just import then I have several examples of the same thing - the unedited photo (in iPhoto), the edited shots in PE and then the same in iPhoto library. It seems to me that this multiplication is unnecessary - just the edited shot I want to use is enough. Why take up three times the space when it is unnecessary to do so?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
OK - yes I can do that. But as PE is supposed to integrate into iPhoto I would have thought edited shots could be saved directly into it. Is that possible?

If I just import then I have several examples of the same thing - the unedited photo (in iPhoto), the edited shots in PE and then the same in iPhoto library. It seems to me that this multiplication is unnecessary - just the edited shot I want to use is enough. Why take up three times the space when it is unnecessary to do so?

In iPhoto preferences, set PE as your external editor. Then after you edit the photo, it will be saved back to the same place it came from.

Good luck!

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.