Complete conversion AKA leap of faith

Reaction score
Well, I started by buying a 13 inch macbook. My experience was positive enough to buy a 20"imac for home a week later.

So far, things have gone really well. I bought the mac version of office, rather than parallel and using my old software. While it is interesting to see some people not happy with the transition, I am pleased so far.
Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Being a Mac newbie, my biggest problem has been getting my head round the 'Mac' way of doing things doesn't NEED to relate to the Windows way.

It's like getting a new car, it still gets you from A to B but the characteristics and handling can be totally different.

I've been most impressed with iWork because having been a 'dyed in the wool' MS Office user since version 4.2, I am sick to death of 'Bloatware' which is grossly over-priced and needing patches every two minutes.

In fairness to Microsoft - I don't know of any retail commodity anywhere in the world that is attacked with the ferocity Microsoft suffers. Again the car analogy - can you imagine that your car is vandalised JUST because it exists! It's unreal.

But I AM a very happy convert to Mac - just seems so much more civilised somehow.

Enjoy - I'd love an iMac, used a friend of mine's iMac in Abu Dhabi - wireless keyboard and mouse. It just sat on the desk with the keyboard and mouse totally isolated looking SOooo stylish and it worked an absolute treat.

Making do with this MBP which even runs XP Pro in Parallels more quickly than my Acer did in native mode. Sadly I still need to run some legacy software - but XP virtual machine has been faultless so far, now I've not bothered with Boot Camp.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to the Mac platform to both of you ! And welcome to Mac-Forums, Ed T.

I would suggest you buy David Pogue's Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual. It's a great book.

I've been using Macs forever and when I make the jump to Leopard, I'll buy it too. I want to make sure I understand Leopard fully when I use it. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.