24" iMac VS Macbook Pro?!?!

Reaction score
I have been torn between these two for a week or so and I just can't decide. I will be using this computer for recording primarily, using logic pro 8. Which one is the better computer? The portability of the MBP would be nice, but I really enjoy the large amount of screen space on the iMac. Do either of these models have common technical problems? Any info is appreciated! Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
No common problem that I know of... The only thing I like about the MBP is that it's portable, but I have a 20" screen that I use as an external when I'm working in Pro Tools.
Even on a 24 inch model, you might get annoyed having music stuff and other stuff (web browser, word processing) on one screen at one time. 2nd monitors are nice on notebooks and desktops.
If you are going to go mobile, just know that you'll need an external hard drive that is just as mobile, because it's never good to record audio to the same hard drive that your OS is on.... You'll need a big firewire drive whether you get and iMac or MBP

Reaction score
I've always gone with the desktops. You get so much more for less money. I've never had the need to have a powerful laptop, I do all my work at home.

But I'm sure if I had a laptop, I'd be like, how did I ever live without it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2.0GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD @ 7200RPM | 20" iMac, 2.1GHz G5, 2.5GB RAM, 250GB HD
I have an iMac and a MacBook.. and I would recommend getting the MacBook Pro. Portability is very nice.. and you can use it for more than just music :)

Oh and you can take it with you if you plan on recording your music with a friend haha :>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.