Isolating the Audio Track from a DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
Hi,
I've tried a variety of searches on this topic and have yet to find a post that clearly answers my question.

I am trying to isolate the audio track from a DVD I own and then use that file to create several ringtones and sound effects for my iphone. I am planning on using garageband to create the ringtones but am a bit confused about which program would be best to use to rip the initial audio track. From what I have read on the forums so far, there appear to be several programs that can do this but I am looking for some clarification.

Which program would be best to use? VLC, MPEG Streamclip? FFMPEGX? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OP
NolaWegs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
Thank you for the advice. Being a poor grad student, I had to search around a bit for some freeware programs that could accomplish this task. What I ended up doing was using MPEG Streamclip which was able to export the audio of the DVD directly into an aiff format from which point I was able to cut up the sound bites I needed using Audacity. Thought this info might be useful to others with the same problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.