• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Importing an .mp3

Reaction score
Wow this is probably the stupidest question that has ever been asked here. How do I import an .mp3 so I can use it on iMovie? I already edited my clips, now all I need to do is add the background music. I already tried dragging it where it says "drag media here" but nothing happens. Help would be appreciated. :)

OP
C
Reaction score
Yup. It only says "import from camera, import from movies, import from iMovie HD project" so basically the browser is for videos only. I couldn't click on the song when I found it.

Reaction score
I have iMovie 08 but in case you have a different version, I think they all have the same thing. In the lower right section of iMovie there is a music tab/button. You should be able to drag your song from in there.

OP
C
Reaction score
I have 08 too. Ok so I clicked the little music note, which opened my itunes folder and all my songs. I select the song and I drag it, but nothing happens. I think that's what you mean right? It says the song is zero seconds long. By the way it doesn't work with ANY song.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried searching for answers by clicking "help" but I didn't know they had actual videos on their site. The problem was that the video wasn't on the top thing (I forgot what it's called *blush*).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.