• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Recording Help Please..........

H

Hearny

I have bought a few peripherals in hopes to record my Xbox 360 footage @ 60Hz. None of them have worked. Im now hoping i dont have to buy a new capture card for my MacBook Pro, and instead use my eyeTV device. The device i have is a Terratec T2 USB 2.0 DVB-T, all it has is an antenna input.

So my question is, has anybody ever recorded anything off the same device other than TV, or if anybody has any ideas of how i could go about recording Xbox 360 footage on the device.

Thanks in advance for your time guys,
Hearny

Reaction score
Hey Hearny,

I have the eyeTV 250 and have used it to record various inputs. Here's what I would suggest. It invloves a few purchases, and I don't know what kindof quality you will get but it will be much cheaper than buying a new capture card.

First, you will need to have two outputs from your 360, one to go to the tv, the other to go to your eyeTv. The reason for this is that there will be a delay on the signal going through the eyeTV, so you will have to play on the tv while recording. Many video splitters are available that can accomplish this. The video splitter will probably give you an output in something other than coaxial/antenna, so you will also need to buy a converter to convert one output from the splitter to coaxial. I have an RCA to coaxial converter, so I know they are available, I'm not sure if other ones (s-video, component, etc) exist, but i'm sure options are available. Just make sure that you buy two units that will be compatible, so that the output of the 360 matches the input of the splitter, and the output of the splitter matches the input of the TV and the input of the coaxial converter.

Let me know if this works or if you have any other questions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.