Helped! Accidently removed downloads folder from dock!

Reaction score
Hi, im so new to this and iv moved the downloads folder i dunno where it went. I found a copy in my finder programme thing but when i try to move the folder down to my dock its not letting me put it there!

Is there anyway i can put it back there please:|

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go to the menu bar, hit 'Go' and the drop down menu should show 'Home>Downloads' and all your downloads should be included there. Leave it there and you cannot accidentally move it.

OP
S
Reaction score
im sorry, wheres the menu bar and wheres go? is it that top thing bar at the top of my screen? I see no go there.

OP
S
Reaction score
ahh ok iv found it but i would like it to be in the dock. Anyway i can put it back there? )

Reaction score
Click finder >> username and you'll see the downloads folder. Simply drag into the dock, where it was before.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah iv tried that, but it doesnt want to go there. I move any folder to the dock and it doesnt get placed there. Doesnt even do that animation where it moves the other dock items out the way.

Reaction score
If you place a folder or a file on the dock it has to be to the right of that vertical bar thing. The same side as the trash. But don't but it in the trash, the trash can will slide over.

Reaction score
For anyone else that fail'd

go to 'finder' on your dock
click OSx
click and drag the 'applications' folder onto the right side of the dock
right click the app folder (it will be a PDF file)
select ' folder' under 'display as'

DONE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
A few years too late!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.