Cannot access iPod in iTunes

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry about this one, im sure its an easy fix but cant find how to sort my prob!

Basically moved all my music off my old PC to my new iMac, went into itunes and all ok! Reformatted my iPod to mac and put my music on and everything fine!

However i cant see the songs on my iPod, as in access its library and play lists on my iPod etc!

Any help on this one please!

Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Did you by chance hit the eject button for the iPod in iTunes by accident and haven't disconnected the iPod from the computer?

If the iPod is not connected to the computer, is your stuff on the iPod?
Disconnect and reconnect the iPod to the computer and try again.

OP
P
Reaction score
ha ha no it is mounted on my desktop! Just when i click the music tab it doesnt give me the library like it used to(of the stuff on my ipod). Just so i can manually manage my music and load only certain albums on etc!

I do kinda remember seeing something in itunes about no ipod being backed up by this library or something?? I dont have a clue :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.