Mac Office 08 and Windows Office 03

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iTouch, iPad, iPhone 3GS..waiting for iPhone5 or 6?
aren't compatible are they?? I am making word doc files in my mac and saving them as .doc instead of .docx and when I email them to windows users (who have office '03) they are unable to open it and just get garbled text. Anything I can do or do I need to get on a windows pc to send out word documents (which is counter productive and adds unnecessary work on my plate.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
cdnphotog,

I just read a blurb on Word 2008 that says it runs natively on both Windows and Mac. So you should be able to save using the "Save As" box and save using the .doc extender and be able to read it in 2003...

I'll try to check it out a little more and let you know what I find.

Noel

EDIT: Here's the article I was talking about. You may find something useful in it, but it looks like 2008 is an update to Word 2004, which was a Mac version and not 2003 or 2007. http://www.macworld.com/article/131559/2008/01/word2008.html

So I think you're right - that 2008 and 2003 are not compatible. N

OP
cdnphotog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iTouch, iPad, iPhone 3GS..waiting for iPhone5 or 6?
actually I solved my own problem.. I just saved it as a windows 98-03 compatible file and all is well :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.