My new iMac, and question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 2.4 Ghz 460G HD 1G Ram
I just got my new Imac 4 days ago, and first off let me tell you, I cant believe this is what I have been missing all along while I was on PC.. This thing is beautiful, and so easy to use.

Now to my question.. I bought a refurbished 20" 2.4Ghz Imac.. It was suppose to come with 1G of ram and a 320G hard drive.. Today I looked at my HD and realized it came with a 460G hard drive... Can anybody explain this?? Im am certainly not complaining, just curious...

Also, where can I go to find out how much ram is actually in my mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
I just got my new Imac 4 days ago, and first off let me tell you, I cant believe this is what I have been missing all along while I was on PC.. This thing is beautiful, and so easy to use.

Now to my question.. I bought a refurbished 20" 2.4Ghz Imac.. It was suppose to come with 1G of ram and a 320G hard drive.. Today I looked at my HD and realized it came with a 460G hard drive... Can anybody explain this?? Im am certainly not complaining, just curious...

Also, where can I go to find out how much ram is actually in my mac?

That happens with the refurbished Macs. Some even report getting more RAM as well. Enjoy the upgraded drive. ;D

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Where can I check the ram?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Where can I check the ram?

Click on the little Apple icon in the upper left and go to "about my Mac" (or something along those lines). Not on my Mac right now so my apologies for not being able to tell you what it is exactly.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool, thanks. I found it... Unfortunetly they didnt upgrade the ram, but I am grateful for my upgraded HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
140 Gig worth or space extra on a hard drive for "free" is not a bad deal either. :D Plus, RAM is kind of cheap nowadays, you should check out Crucial or NewEgg if you are interesting in getting additional RAM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.