Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24ins 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I really do like Safari but am being plagued with a problem.

I frequently cannot change to different pages in ebay without Safari telling me the page cannot be opened - that is despite the fact that I might have been opening pages and switching back and forth for perhaps half an hour, Suddenly Safari cannot open the page. I have reported bugs to Apple every time but on some occasions - such as when I am listing - this problem becomes acute.

I can, of course, switch to Firefox - but that means starting the listing all over again.

At present this is the only site I have this problem with. Does anyone know of a solution please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I *used* to have this problem, but since I started using Safari 3.x (now 3.1), I have not had any issues. What version of Safari are you using? What version of OS X are you using (I am using Tiger).

I was just in and out of eBay today on Safari 3.1 on Tiger, listed some stuff and made a purchase, all without any issues.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

I am using Leopard OS X 10.5.2 and Safari 3.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hmmm, don't know what to day then, except to report that I am not having the problem using the same browser version, although different OS X version.

Do you have any Safari plugins installed? Could that perhaps be a problem?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I only have the plug ins installed by default - have not added any others

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Like you pineapple ebay and Safari do not get along well together. Just copy the error message, open report Safari Bugs to Apple, paste message and send it off.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
harryb2448 I have sent quite a few of those.

Also came across discussions going back to 2006 regarding Sarari and ebay so it seems to be a long standing problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.