help please! How to save something?

Reaction score
On my old computer when wanting to download a file off the internet I would right click and select save target as how do I do it on the mac?!?? Help really needed as soon as!! Cheers

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
cmd+click - or if you have a two button mouse, you can set that up in the system prefs to use the second button as the alternate (or context) click.

if you have a macbook (or pro or air) you can also set up two finger tapping in system prefs (which is the same as "right click").

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Just click on it and the download should start. It is saved to your Downloads folder. To find it, open Finder, select your user name under Places on the left side of the Finder. Among the folders on the right will be "Downloads". It should be in there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
cmd+click - or if you have a two button mouse, you can set that up in the system prefs to use the second button as the alternate (or context) click.

if you have a macbook (or pro or air) you can also set up two finger tapping in system prefs (which is the same as "right click").
You make common mistake of Cmd+click instead of Ctrl+click. Muhuahauah.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
meh, i never use it. ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.