Can't get online while on windows...

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to leopard and installed WindowsXP Pro. Everything worked out great except.... I can't connect to the internet while in Windows. It works just perfectly when I boot up MacOS but, not Windows. What exactly, do I need to do to fix this? Any help is a appreciated, THANKS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 - 17" - 4G RAM - 150G HD
did you put your osx disc in after installing windows to install all of the hardware? if not do that and all of your wireless settings will be available in windows then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and after installing windows through bootcamp did you (in windows) put your OSX disc in to finish the install?

If not do that now. if you have then you have to go into network conections and see if your WIFI is being picked up.

OP
S
Reaction score
THANKS, that IS what I neglected to do. I installed the Bootcamp drivers and everything should be fine. I DO have one other problem though. When I get to the screen where I select which OS to use my "mighty mouse" very rarely works. I can see the cursor on the screen but I can't move it... any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is it wireless? that is sometimes a problem, but either way you can use the directional keys. its porbably quicker to do that than use the mouse

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
THANKS, that IS what I neglected to do. I installed the Bootcamp drivers and everything should be fine. I DO have one other problem though. When I get to the screen where I select which OS to use my "mighty mouse" very rarely works. I can see the cursor on the screen but I can't move it... any ideas?

It's probably a wireless (Bluetooth) Mighty Mouse. If that's the case, you're likely not waiting long enough for the EFI to recognize it. It does take a few seconds (30 seconds+ before it will start working at times). I've experience the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.