Get it now or wait for new one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
I'm thinking of buying an iPhone, but several things are holding me back.

First, I have Verizon, and another year left on my contract. Second, AT&T gets horrible views from places like Consumer Report, though I've never heard an iPhone user complain about the service. Third, as soon as I buy one they'll probably be a new one released in June at the apple event.

They are selling them cheap on ATT's site for 250, but I'm just not sure what I should do.

Thoughts?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You're not going to see it from another provider for quite some time. As I understand it, AT&T has an exclusivity agreement for something like 4 years.

As with any technology, if you truly need it now, just buy it. If you're always waiting for the next big thing, you'll be waiting forever. Buy what you need when you need it and it will continue to do what you bought it for long after it is replaced by a newer/better/faster model.

If it doesn't do what you need it to do right now, or it doesn't work on the carrier you want, then don't buy it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
The iPhone is already great as it is, IMO. So, if you would like to have it now just buy it. I've had mine for about 1 month and I love it!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
I would wait, unless you need it as a replacement, thats what I'm doing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I really don't understand all you people that are waiting......Get over it and go buy it. trust me you won't regret it!
I love mine and you'll love yours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
I'm thinking of buying an iPhone, but several things are holding me back.

First, I have Verizon, and another year left on my contract. Second, AT&T gets horrible views from places like Consumer Report, though I've never heard an iPhone user complain about the service. Third, as soon as I buy one they'll probably be a new one released in June at the apple event.

They are selling them cheap on ATT's site for 250, but I'm just not sure what I should do.

Thoughts?
Where? I just checked and didn't find any. Can you please provide the link? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You won't see another carrier with the iPhone until around June of 2012 due to AT&T's 5 year contract with Apple, so that's probably not a good choice.

As far as waiting for a better one, it has already been confirmed that there will be a 3G iPhone by the end of the year, but I bet it won't come until Christmas shopping season. Until then, there may be another capacity boost, but that's probably all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.