iPhoto wins over the wife

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
So last night my 10 year old needs to print photos from our Utah trip to Zion & Bryce. My wife is struggling to print a 5x7 on her Vista laptop, son is getting frustrated. She hasn't used my new iMac yet, but I sat her down with iPhoto and gave her the basics, and in 5 minutes she had two 5x7's with borders and text printing out.. her comment - wow that was so easy.

Needless to say she isn't giving me any more grief about buying a new computer let alone a Mac!

:)

Reaction score
I suppose this means I should try out iPhoto. I've always done my photo editing stuff with pshop but I haven't bought it yet. Since I just got the MBP a week ago, I figured I shouldn't be spending THAT much money in such a short amount of time. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I suppose this means I should try out iPhoto. I've always done my photo editing stuff with pshop but I haven't bought it yet. Since I just got the MBP a week ago, I figured I shouldn't be spending THAT much money in such a short amount of time. :D

iPhoto is a great program, but not so much for photoshop type stuff, it does stuff more like removing blemishes and what not, but after you edit your pics in PShop do upload and manage them in iPhoto it is a wonderful program.

OP
y-guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
I would agree, I don't see iPhoto and PShop in the same light. But for printing and easy manipulation it did great and the fact she learned to do what she did as quickly was a big deal.

I do miss ThumbsPlus though, it has some great features that I haven't found other programs in its price range.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.