• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Where do you Notebook?

Reaction score
Some people take there notebooks everywhere with them, even on short trips like shopping and such. Others only take them to set places, such as work or events and some just use them as desktop computers and they never leave there desk.

How about you? Where do you take your notebook, what notebook (or macbook) do you have and what sort of work do you do on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
i only take my MBP to classes and on long trips. other than that it sits on my desk as what seems a desktop. i really have no use taking it to shopping and other things like that, that seem pointless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I take my Macbook to my classes on a daily basis. I sometimes use it on the couch in the living room, though most of the time it sits on my desk in my room hooked up to a million wires and an external monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I don't really see a reason to take a laptop shopping but I, too, have seen people walking around Wal-Mart with a laptop bag slung over their shoulder. I take it to work, on trips to the in-laws (have to occupy my time somehow!) and to certain events. I haven't been on vacation since I bought it but I'll certainly take it with me then, as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
It follows me around the house, my friends houses, school, vacations wether they be 2 days or 20, and long (4+ hours) car rides. If I want to check the weather or something while I'm at a supermarket or mall of some sort I'll just whip out my iPod Touch and go to the weather "widget".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20 in; 15" MBP 2.4 Ghz
Long trips, other than that,from the bedroom to the livingroom

Reaction score
Only on vacation in September every year. Other than it, it's either in the bedroom or in the living room.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Mine goes just about everywhere with me. I take it to and from work, to all my meetings through out the day, at home in every room except the bed and bathroom, vacation, trips, and i do use it in the car when i am early to a meeting. I do not take it shopping although i have taken my mb to various stores when i have a meeting at that location.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
When I had the MacBook, I took it to starbucks occasionally. I mostly used it at home though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
Mine goes with me to work every day, to meetings, and around the house.

Reaction score
My FAVORITE place is at night, while i'm in my bed.
With my electric blanket, and often with ice cream, all warm and cozy and covered up and with food.
NOW THAT'S NICE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
My Macbook stays on the kitchen table during the day, where I check my e-mail in the morning at breakfast and as necessary during the day. In the evening it sits in my lap while I'm watching TV, etc. Then when we go on vacation, I pack it up and take it along so i can get my daily "fix" of e-mails, visiting my forums and browsing for other things. Before my Macbook (which is a recent buy), I had a Windows laptop for 3 years. BTW, I much prefer the Macbook to the Windows lappie...

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D
When I had my G4 desktop and my iBook, the desktop stayed on the desk in the computer room, and I kept the iBook on the little table in the bedroom so I always had it available in there. Then I sold the G4 and the iBook and bought a MBP.

Now the MBP mostly stays on the desk in the computer room where the G4 used to live, but I sometimes use it in the bedroom or living room if I want to watch TV while I'm using it. It comes on vacation with us, mainly to transfer photos from the digital cameras so we can erase them and take more pictures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i take mine on the ship to watch movies while underway. it sits nicely on my belly while in my rack. i have a speaker pillow that i plug into the earphone jack to make it more comfortable. i am always afraid that the ship will take a roll and i will drop it on the deck, but it hasnt happened and i take the best precautions when taking to my rack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I don't have one... but if I did, it'd take to to Starbucks to work on my novel.

>_>
<_<

I'd probably use it on the bus on the way to college (1 1/2hrs)... and then at college, so someone else can use the G4 iMacs there...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
mainly the couch. ;)

sometimes it goes around the house, and it has come to my work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I don't really see a reason to take a laptop shopping but I, too, have seen people walking around Wal-Mart with a laptop bag slung over their shoulder. I take it to work, on trips to the in-laws (have to occupy my time somehow!) and to certain events. I haven't been on vacation since I bought it but I'll certainly take it with me then, as well.

perhaps they came from somewhere where they needed it and arent comfortable leaving it sitting in their car?

I used tot take mine to class, but now that I only have spanish and math classes, its useless. I take it to work (although not needed for retail work) it still kills time in the back (shhhhhh). I also take it with me if I have a long break between class and work and am not going home, then I can sit at starbucks or something and fool around with photoshop (not like I'd pay $10 for an hour of internet)

I also usually take it on trips, but at home its usually on the coffee table (even though now its back in my room because I cleaned off my desk so I can actually use it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
I mainly use my windows notebook on the couch in front of the TV, rarely i'll use it in bed if im lazy. Otherwise I only normally use it elsewhere on vacation, or if im visiting my parents. My notebook and my iMac get about equal use - its great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.