Bootcamp video drivers...

Reaction score
I recently went ahead and setup Bootcamp with Windoze XP. The question I have is, can I download and install the latest nVidia drivers, or should I stick with the drivers that came with the Mac. Under normal circumstances I know that the answer to this question is to download the latest drivers. I'm not completely confident with the Mac Pro GeForce 8800 GT though, since this card is Mac specific.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I recently went ahead and setup Bootcamp with Windoze XP. The question I have is, can I download and install the latest nVidia drivers, or should I stick with the drivers that came with the Mac. Under normal circumstances I know that the answer to this question is to download the latest drivers. I'm not completely confident with the Mac Pro GeForce 8800 GT though, since this card is Mac specific.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

From what I understand, the NVIDIA-supplied package works just fine. I have read a number of posters indicating that they're using the NVIDIA package.

AFAIK, the card is no different than what you would find in a PC since Macs are using fairly standard Intel chipsets these days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Nevermind, just my stupidity again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.