How long to MBP refurb release?

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a refurbed MBP, but I'd really like to wait for the new MBP to start selling refurbished. Does anybody know when I can expect to see these start popping up on the refurb site and what I might expect to pay for one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
it can take a while for them to start to appear on the refurb website. Take the new Mac Pro for an example as of now none have appeared on the refurb site. My guess would be that it would take about 2 months. But that is just a guess. Figure that the new mbp will about 15% off list price.

OP
P
Reaction score
hmmmm, well i might go ahead and buy a new mbp with a student discount (10% i think?) if its only going to be about 15% off. any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
5% increase in cost for a faster and brand new computer :) Your choice. Thats what I'm doing though. 5% of 2000... $20? I might just be dumb, can't think right now.

Edit: Ya, im dumb, its $100 dollar difference 15% of 2000 is 300, 10% is 200. 300-200 = 100

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It will be on the refurb site whenever one is returned and Apple inspects it. My guess, it will be awhile. If you have a student discount, just use that. The refurb discount will not be much more.
There's always resale value. Some people are still worried about refurbished products. If you were to ever sell it, you'd probably get more if they knew you bought it new compared to refurbished even though the only difference is the package it's shipped in. Silly, I know, but true.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.