Need an opinion on displays

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am about to purchase a new LCD for my MacBook Pro. The Macbook was purchased new a week ago, and now I am looking to add the LCD for design work that I will be doing.

i need an LCD that I can calibrate, and that will produce colour accurately.

I have narrowed it down to two so far... but am open to suggestions...

The 2 are

Apple 23 Inch Cinema Display
and
Samsung SyncMaster 275T 27 Inch display.

Can anyone offer their opinions here... and if you recommend another model.

Cheers
John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i have 2 apple 23 inch Cinema Displays and I love them, I just don't know how accurate they are for print work.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yep I need them to be accurate. But not SUPER accurate.. I am not designing the next cover of Time Magazine, but I need them to be above average.. lets just say!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whitebook 2.2, 4gb RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD
In addition to the Apple displays, I'd also look at the higher-end NEC and LaCie monitors.

OP
T
Reaction score
In addition to the Apple displays, I'd also look at the higher-end NEC and LaCie monitors.

Hi MacKat...

My problem with the monitors you speak of is the price. I need to watch my budget. The Apple I can get for $899 and the Samsung $1100 or so, but that is pushing my budget as it is.

Cheers
John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I wouldn't recommend a Samsung. Apple LCDs are for prosumers and that sounds like what you are. I love Eizo monitors. Their actual graphics monitors are atleast $1000 but their standard monitors are decently priced. Eizo

S2231W- It seems a little expensive ($750 for a 22") but it covers 92% of the Adobe RGB color space.

OP
T
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend a Samsung. Apple LCDs are for prosumers and that sounds like what you are. I love Eizo monitors. Their actual graphics monitors are atleast $1000 but their standard monitors are decently priced. Eizo

S2231W- It seems a little expensive ($750 for a 22") but it covers 92% of the Adobe RGB color space.

Thanks Mate. You also need to remember that We pay a bit more here in Australia due to shipping and exchange rates. So anything that is costing you $1000 we will pay $1300 or more.

Cheers
j

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
That's why I suggested the $750 model. They have some that are a little cheaper, $650 and if I had that kind of money, I'd get one without a doubt. We have two at work, one is next to a LaCie and one next to an Apple display. It blows both away without a doubt. The colors are vibrant but natural and the brightness is completely even. They're a thing of beauty.

OP
T
Reaction score
That's why I suggested the $750 model. They have some that are a little cheaper, $650 and if I had that kind of money, I'd get one without a doubt. We have two at work, one is next to a LaCie and one next to an Apple display. It blows both away without a doubt. The colors are vibrant but natural and the brightness is completely even. They're a thing of beauty.

Thanks for your help... I will do some digging around and see what I can find down here.

Cheers
-J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I have a pretty sweet 21" LG Flatron that is amazing for design work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.