Best Browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In your opinion what is the best browser in Mac? Ive been using firefox for ever and dl for my mac but lately it loads half heartedly and every page seems to be like basic html. (Blue Links, White Background, Black Text). So, my question to you mac pros...what browser do you use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I used firefox when I was on windows, when I switched to mac though, I started using safari and I love it. It works fine, and it finishes webpage names for you. I can't put a scientific reason on it, but I prefer safari...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I was using Firefox for a very long time, but for the past couple of weeks I've been running the beta of Webkit. It's blazing fast compared to Firefox and most Safari plugins work just fine, like Adblock. Only thing I miss is the ability to reopen closed tabs (the Safari plugin for this doesn't work :()

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
I use Safari on my Mac's.....it seems to work, fast, stable, and it renders about as good as Exploder does on my PCs.....

OP
eschur21
Reaction score
Using safari the first thing I noticed was the pop-ups. That increased 74.7% once I switched.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Webkit, it runs circles around any web browser out their and guess what, it's Safari! Just with a different engine so you keep the look the menu and all your preferences and what not but get faster load times!

OP
eschur21
Reaction score
Sounds good, but is there an add-on for safari/webkit that stops pop-ups cause thats why I left safari...popups.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
i never noticed any popups on safari... I think pressing shift command K while in safari toggles the popup blocker on and off. Or while in safari you can click the safari tab and make sure block popups is checked...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I think I've gotten one popup since using Safari/Webkit. You sure you didn't accidentally turn off the popup blocker?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I've NEVER (knock on wood) received a popup while using Safari. Ever.

OP
eschur21
Reaction score
That could be it, I mean the key combo's are different to me so I might of. Where is the option to turn on or off located?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Well, my primary browser is still Opera after trying my best to use only Safari and/or Webkit for the last 2 weeks. It has just one feature I don't want to do without.

However, as you can see by this Sticky thread, I am in the minority.

I do have to agree with Kash, you must have the Pop-up blocker turned off in Safari. Think Safari does an excellent job of blocking unwanted popups while allowing thru those you click on.

Except at pcmag.com ... haven't found the blocker that will stop their subscribe popup on any of my machines.

edit: And you turn it on and off by going to Safari on the menu bar and putting a check next to Block Popup Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I haven't decided yet so I keep flip-floppin'. I used Firefox in Windows but I really like Safari. Right now, I've got Safari on my Dock but who knows about tomorrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Using Opera mainly in Windows, using Safari for Mac. Love Opera for its adequate and sufficient functions and love Safari for its simple design.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed with the others, I am Beta Testing out Webkit and keeping up with the nightly builds. It flys and the build I got just a few hours ago does 92 on Acid 3! Nothing comes even close with the new Acid 3 standards test so far. Every 2 builds the score goes up.

Very impressed.

Reaction score
WebKit is faster than all browsers and yes it did better than this build than Sat.
Safari still does the worst WebKit
201462-Picture3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.