How to delete some saved things in a field's history.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
I know that in Windows, all you have to do is press the backspace button to delete the one that you don't want in there, but this isn't letting me do that (10.5). I've tried a combination of command/shift/option/control+delete but still nothing. Any ideas on how to do this?

For example, I want to delete the choices in the saved e-mail addresses but how would I do that?

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You could always just use the clear forms option. Click on Safari in the top left and click on Reset Safari, then unselect everything except Remove saved names and passwords. That will clear out every form you've ever filled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
If you are talking about in Mail, look under Windows and look at recent items. (I'm not at the mac right now, so can't be sure of exact wording). That will show you all your recent addressees. You can delete any or all of those as you wish. I routinely clear them all just to clean things up a bit. Has no effect on Address Book entries, so is safe to do.

OP
EGGO
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
What if I was using Firefox?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
In firefox just click Tools and than click clear private data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
In Safari, open Preferences, select AutoFill, and then select "Other forms." You can edit by site, or clear all of them. Or turn it off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.