• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What does this name mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I have a friend. And her name is "Enjy". And I've been looking everywhere to find out what it means. And have had no success. Would anyone be able to find out it's meaning. I'd be so grateful if someone could do this as I've looked everywhere with no success. But if no one can, that's ok too.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Maybe she just dropped the 'o'.

Reaction score
Man, I think you just wrong in spelling. It is "Angie", but not "Enjy".
Do you know the Rolling Stones' song called "Angie"? :Smirk:
Try to check up this name.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Why doesn't your friend or her parents know what her name means? If they don't know, who would? Can you not ask them? With over 50,000 hits on Google, you're bound to find something there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Enjy is a Turkish name and may be translated as sweet or puppy love...do a Google on poet Enjy Yaken. Maybe named after her?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20 in; 15" MBP 2.4 Ghz
google also:Behind the Name. Good website for names and their meanings

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Thanks heaps but the name isn't on that site. I searched many of those type of sites for name meanings and no luck. That's why I asked here. For once Google couldn't help me with an answer. And that's a first to be honest. But thanks for trying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.