New iPhone user.. got a few questions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
Hi guys,

I just got my iPhone (16GB, glad I waited!) about a week ago and am really loving it, however I've got a few questions, which I'd be grateful to have answered.

1) I know there is no way to forward text messages, at least not one that is built into the phone, but is there some kind of third party app that allows this? I decided to make some sacrifices (no video recording, no MMS etc) when I bought the iPhone but I don't think I really thought through the SMS forwarding! If there's no way I guess I'll live with it.

2) Does Bluetooth really only work with Apple earpieces? I tried to connect to my MBP and it said that no services were available. :S

3) I can't drag and drop music from iTunes into the iPhone's name on the list of devices. Is this normal? How am I supposed to transfer music? So far I have been doing it through playlists.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
A SDK was released recently for the iPhone. So expect some 3rd party apps in the future. You could make one yourself! :)

I have a non-Apple earpiece that works fine.

And you're correct on the drag & drop. You have to sync your iPhone. I use the "sync checked songs and playlists" myself. But since you have the 16GB, you probably won't have to worry about that for awhile. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
1) Yes, there are a couple of third party apps out there that currently allow you to forward text messages. You'll need to jailbreak your iPhone in order to get access to them. Unfortunately, I can't go into detail as it's against forum rules.

2) Yes and no. No, you can use any Bluetooth headset with the iPhone. Yes, it only works with headsets and doesn't offer anything like file transfer.

3) You have to check the box next to "Manually manage music and videos" under the Summary tab when your iPhone is plugged into iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.