Ringtone Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Mac Mini
Successfully created a ringtone and got it on the phone. Problem comes when I try and get the second ringtone on the phone. The second ringtone writes itself twice to the phone, replacing the original. Anyone else have this problem? 1.1.4 and 7.6 iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Stupid question, but do they have the same file name?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Mac Mini
No the all have different file names.

I copied them from my old phone, converted to AAC in iTunes then renamed the extension to m4r. The all look correct in the Ring Tones section under my iPhone in iTunes but the sync seems to be renaming all the files to the name of the last file transfered on the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Maybe try importing the original ringtone from the old phone into Garage Band (if you're running a Mac) and click Share->Send Ringtone to iTunes. Once it's in there, rename the song title accordingly.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Mac Mini
Don't have a Mac.

But the problem is solved. By clicking on the iPhone in the iTunes nav, then selecting the RingTones tab, select ringtones then Apply everything works fine. Using the Sync button is what causes the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.