Which Mac would I choose?

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have just got some money and am now about to upgrade from PC to Mac. Now only problem is the difficulty of choosing the right one.
With the 2,1 GHz macbook I could use for some lighter use. For example internet browsing and music listening. The next step 2,4 would have a difference of 0,3 GHz, which soulds already something and im sure would speed up the sluggard. Of course I could also take the one with a huge 250 gb hdd. That would give me the option of storing a huge database of music and also movies and at last but not at least, pictures. I like looking at pictures. I myself have a Nikon M5 with a quite big flash bought after sun wasn't enough for me.
"Macbook Pro". It sounds much more better and I would have the ability to boast to other people. I would also get a bigger screen which would be quite handy when watching hd apple trailers. I myself liked quite much the Rambo VI trailer. The hard decision is if I want the 15- or the 17-inch book. With the 17-inch I could see Sylvester's head quite much bigger, but the 15-inch would be handy when travelling. I myself like to travel abroad and my favorite vacation destination is Paris, France.
There is also the change of me getting into the bigger machines series. The iMac would be great when using at home. Outdoors using wouldn't be so fun:D . Im sure I would have serious problems finding a power source. I myself like being outdoors.
"Mac Pro". The majestical piece of art. Only good thing about it is that there are the handy handles surrounding it. They would surely be quite useful when travelling abroad.

Im sure the decision will be hard. Im even thinking I can't handle the decision.
I'll share the weight of the decision by letting you give your recommendation and review. I would surely be quite happy if I would be able to choose the right candidate.

Reaction score
The best decision would be iMac if you liked just watching your pictures, working with graphics and storing movies, pictures e.t.c. But, as you mentioned above, you also like traveling and France won't be France without admiring pictures immediately made in Paris, handy portable one will be the best choice. Besides, you like watching trailers, big screen is not the last thing, so Macbook Pro will be the most suitable choice for you. Taking into account the fact they are shipped with multi-touch keypad and the latest processor, it makes the choice even easier and more obvious just because you probably want to watch your photos and rotate them 100 times without spending time when watching them. The deciding factor is that you can charge your macbook pro and use it wherever possible boasting to people around by looking modern, stylish and attractive. I think that 15' will be more than enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
If you're going to be traveling, I would think the 15" MBP would be nice. The 13.3" MB screen is too small and the iMac and Mac Pro are a little difficult to take outside or across the world if needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC ALU, 2.8GHZ, 4GB ram, 750gb HD, Leopard OSX.
Its the travelling thing that clinches it. The Pro Mac simply is to far ahead in your switch yet. The Imac is great (I have one) but you simply can't carry it around. The Macbook will not be fast enough. Buy a Macbook Pro. Decide on your screen size versus portability. 15' seems OK to me but we are all have differing criteria. Get at least 2 gb ram and enough hard disk space to hold your data. The best bit will be learning how to use it and realising what a pain a PC is. I switched 18 months ago. 3 months into it I hated my Mac. Now ? I love it ! Never go back. Have fun whatever Mac you buy....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel iMac 20"
Never buy an iMac 20" aluminum. It has LCD issues like gradient and bottom screen washout. The brightness of iMac's are blinding!. When You try to minimize the brightness using [brightness control], the color vibrancy is lost. I tried to calibrate the screen, and it sort of looks slightly better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 16GB iTouch
go with the imac for sure, i just bought one for myself yesterday and i am loving it. If you are wondering about price wise i got the cheapest one and it runs fast/smooth. no problems whats so ever

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I agree with the above. The 15 inch MBP would suit you just fine. It has the portability you need + enough screen size and graphics oomph to do what you want with it.

And on a side note you never had a macbook air option in your poll for the topic. I know it's probably not the bast mac for you but still the option wasn't there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.