iPhoto Straightening tool?

Reaction score
I just recently started using this tool and noticed that as the photo straightens, the image becomes a little pixalated. I believe that iPhoto zooms in as it straightens. I was wondering for those of you who have used this tool before, does it make a big difference in printing? I'm planning on making a book of my photos from Paris and I'm just concerned that the pictures won't be as clear as the originals (before I straightened them in iPhoto).

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Pexelation or blur is what happens when you enlarge a photo. There's no way around it unfortunately. So if you need to straigten a photo in iPhoto, it needs to be fairly minimal. Depending on how much straigtening you do, the photo's should turn out fine. Do a couple test runs with just a few photos first at the size you plan on printing them - just take the straigtened image to an instant photo kiosk and see how it turns out. In my experience, they've been fine, but I'd rather not have to do it. Sometimes it's unavoidable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.