• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who has a Mac aquarium?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, iMac, 5th gen iPod, All of my other iMacs have been turned into aquariums!
I have been making aquariums out of any old iMacs I can get my hands on. I have some pics at www.jakeharms.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.0 gHz, 2GB RAM; iPod 80 Gb
There are other cool uses, you know...
ibed.jpg

OP
jakebrake3202
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, iMac, 5th gen iPod, All of my other iMacs have been turned into aquariums!
I'm just curious how many people out there have a mac aquarium. I have seen several pictures here and there, but I've never met anyone personally who has made one themselves.

I have built and sold several and am interested to see how many other mac/aquarium enthusiasts out there have done the same.

Post Pictures if you have them.
I have more pictures at www.jakeharms.com

ebayphoto.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I want one, and if I got one, I'd probably wind up wiring an Ac-Dc adapter to the mains line, and have the USB ports actually charge like, my iPod or my Phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive
That's pretty cool. I've never seen one in person.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPhone & div.
Thats cool, I want one. I know a guy who made his power mac g4 into a hamster/mouse(not sure) cage and its really cool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
I am a big fish guy! In fact, I'm an editor at the local aquarium club! I thing a mac aquarium would be cool! How many gallons does it hold? What kind of fish do you keep in it?

OP
jakebrake3202
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The tank on the inside holds approximately 3.5 gallons of water. I just keep a few fancy guppies and a snail in mine because they are super easy to take care of, but any small fresh water fish would be at home (as long as they are mac fans I guess, a fish who prefers windows may jump the tank ;D )

I have made and sold several iMacaquariums. You can check them out on my website at

www.jakeharms.com

IMG_4791.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
That is so cool! I want one!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.