• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What do you do when you hate your friends?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
They're making me celebrate my birthweek hard core. I can't handle it. I think I'm having alcohol withdrawals. What should I do?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
option 4.

tell them to take it like men and celebrate how you want to.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
option 4.

tell them to take it like men and celebrate how you want to.

I'll seriously ponder that one when I'm not so hungover. At least all I have to do today is program VBA stuff and browse the internets.

Reaction score
I can't vote because I can't remember the situation when I hate any of my my friends.. :Smirk:
There was one situation when I found out that my best friend began dating with my ex g/f.. I was rather angry on him for some time.. We just stopped to meet often. But I did pick up the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I wouldn't take my advice. I just ignore them. The # of friends I have now went down significantly. :(

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I wouldn't take my advice. I just ignore them. The # of friends I have now went down significantly. :(

I think I need new friends. None of them have real jobs. They stay up until 4 in the morning and don't wake up until 3 in the afternoon. I stay up until 2 in the morning and have to get up at 7:30 in the morning for work.

Are there any friend finding services?

Must not be bartenders
Must not be drunks
Must have real job
Must not go in later than 9AM

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll be ur friend. I'll borrow a real ring light from work and we'll go out shooting.

Good friends are hard to come by. I don't know which rocks they're hiding under though.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'll be ur friend. I'll borrow a real ring light from work and we'll go out shooting.

Good friends are hard to come by. I don't know which rocks they're hiding under though.

A real ring light? What's that? You mean they're not supposed to be made out of house hold supplies? :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They can be. :)
Sorry to hijack this thread for a second but you're our DIY photo guy. I was going to repurpose a pair of 10'x12' muslins as drapes. You think this would work? Would they be too heavy to be help up by curtain clips?
I need to use two because the side facing the outside needs to white but I want the room facing side to have color. I figured muslins would be the easiest and cheapest route for a large window, 12'x7'.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i have a nearly 40 year old canon i haven't shot with in some time but i do have a fantastic 70-210mm zoom for.

can i join this misfit club? ;)

i don't drink. ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
i feel your pain. while i sometimes find myself having to work the overnight shifts, the majority of the time (and every single day for the past 8 weeks) i had to be at work no later than 9AM, usually had to be in by 7. some of this was in dallas, and as i live in a town about 30 miles north of dallas it takes about 1.5-3 hours to get into the city during the morning rush hour, and my friends didn't seem to understand this. they insisted we stay up ALL night getting drunk and saying that i can just be drunk at work.

anyways after enough of my complaing they finally realized. maybe the advice to tell them off works for you too?

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
They can be. :)
Sorry to hijack this thread for a second but you're our DIY photo guy. I was going to repurpose a pair of 10'x12' muslins as drapes. You think this would work? Would they be too heavy to be help up by curtain clips?
I need to use two because the side facing the outside needs to white but I want the room facing side to have color. I figured muslins would be the easiest and cheapest route for a large window, 12'x7'.

You could always find a heavy duty curtain rod....or nail them up.

i feel your pain. while i sometimes find myself having to work the overnight shifts, the majority of the time (and every single day for the past 8 weeks) i had to be at work no later than 9AM, usually had to be in by 7. some of this was in dallas, and as i live in a town about 30 miles north of dallas it takes about 1.5-3 hours to get into the city during the morning rush hour, and my friends didn't seem to understand this. they insisted we stay up ALL night getting drunk and saying that i can just be drunk at work.

anyways after enough of my complaing they finally realized. maybe the advice to tell them off works for you too?

but that would mean I couldn't stay up all night and get....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i have a nearly 40 year old canon i haven't shot with in some time but i do have a fantastic 70-210mm zoom for.

can i join this misfit club? ;)

i don't drink. ;P

Sure. It beats my camera. It has two shutter speeds and 3 f-stops and a plastic lens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I think I need new friends. None of them have real jobs. They stay up until 4 in the morning and don't wake up until 3 in the afternoon. I stay up until 2 in the morning and have to get up at 7:30 in the morning for work.
I think you've outgrown your friends...:Smirk: It happens.
Sounds like it's just another excuse for them to party. You could leave and they probably wouldn't notice.
I'd tell them what you want to do or not do. If they are your friends, they'll understand. I had some friends that wouldn't even go out with me on my birthday. I went by myself and had more fun without them.
You find out who your true friends are eventually.
And yes, they are hard to find. Look under some bigger rocks...;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm in the same boat as you. I seem to have outgrown my friends as they also just want to go out and get hammered every weekend. At this point I'm just looking forward to law school far away from here so I can meet some new people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Are there any friend finding services?

Must not be bartenders
Must not be drunks
Must have real job
Must not go in later than 9AM

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISg57rI7g8A

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'm in the same boat as you. I seem to have outgrown my friends as they also just want to go out and get hammered every weekend. At this point I'm just looking forward to law school far away from here so I can meet some new people.

Weekends are fine....it's that during the week thing that sucks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Find new ones! Lol. So over alco-parties... unfortunately my friends aren't. Me and my girlfriend are usually the only ones not drinking, so parties can be lame. Often drunken parties can be more funny when you're the only sober ones though, you at least remember what happens...

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Find new ones! Lol. So over alco-parties... unfortunately my friends aren't. Me and my girlfriend are usually the only ones not drinking, so parties can be lame. Often drunken parties can be more funny when you're the only sober ones though, you at least remember what happens...

No parties. Problem is like 5 or 6 good friends are all bartenders at local bars.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.