refurb specs

Reaction score
I'm looking on the apple website, and found a sweet macbook pro deal. But do the mbp's come with the multi-touch feature? The one I'm looking at is a 15-inch with 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and has leopard (as all do).

edit: Also, it says that all refurbished macs ship with leopard, but it says under that that it ships with iLife '06. I thought Leopard included iLife '08. Is this a typo, or do you really get Leopard, but have to get iLife '08 separately?
thanks

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It sound like the system that you are looking at will come with Tiger installed with iLife '06 and an update disk of Leopard.

iLife is a separate software package with is not a part of the operating system. Any new system will have the current available iLife package installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Only the newest MBP comes with multi-touch. Doubt there any newest models in the refurb store. It's probably an older but great model. It will come with the latest version of all software. I ordered a refurb a few days after iLife '08 came out and they dropped in a special copy. So I had '06 and '08 technically.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
The 2.33 MBP will not have the multi-touch trackpad.

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
I had the same experience as Bry - got a drop-in of '08 with my refurb MBP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.