Why did I wait this long to switch??

Reaction score
All has not been smooth though... my new black macbook was delivered yesterday, got home to set it all up, and like others, was looking forward to setting everything up.

But now I'm concerned I may not have any hair left...

A seasoned firefox user, I've been trying to install my profile on the machine since last night, but despite all of the Terminal code I've found on the net, keep getting the same old response that the file or directory cannot be found.

MSN isn't as lively as with pc either.... which is a shame, but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.

So hard having to relearn, and unlearn old habits!!

Any tips to getting firefox set up would be greatly appreciated!!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Your Firefox profile from your Windows machine?

OP
S
Reaction score
yes.... am I wrong in assuming that the contents of the folders are still the same?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
No, they are most definitely the same. No need in using the Terminal though.

Browse to User/Library/Application Support/Firefox and then simply paste the Profile folder into there, replacing the existing file. Be sure to paste in the profiles.ini file as well.

As for MSN, take a look at Adium. It's much better than MSN Messenger for Mac.

OP
S
Reaction score
I pasted it in, but firefox isn't opening it up :( I tried deleting the default installation profile folder, and then when I try to open up firefox, it tells me that its already running...

I had the same issue on pc, but found 'profile manager' which sorted the issue when I selected my profile as the 'default' one....

grrrrr!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
I wonder if you could use a firefox extension like FEBE to do what you need it to do...

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
I just used Foxmarks extension. Load on target and reciever boxes. If they are on same network, hit sync and it took all of about 2 secs.
Both boxes need to have the extension and be logged on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.