Help !! advice on how to do the swap

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHz Intel C2D , 2GB , 15.4Inch
hi , jus brought a MBP . and i was thinking maybe i could install windows in it .. but i do have some problem

1st - i dunno whether must i buy a CD for XP or i can just download from the web ?

2nd - i didnt bring my Original OS-X disk along with me as i m currently in brunei and the disk is in singapore ?

i am worried that if the swap to XP wasnt successful , i wouldnt be able to get back to my original OS-X .

pls give me some advice ..

thanks in advance

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
hi , jus brought a MBP . and i was thinking maybe i could install windows in it .. but i do have some problem

1st - i dunno whether must i buy a CD for XP or i can just download from the web ?

You must have either Windows Vista or a Windows XP CD with Service Pack 2 integrated. In either case, it can be an OEM version, but it can not be OEM-branded (like a Dell or HP system restore disc).

2nd - i didnt bring my Original OS-X disk along with me as i m currently in brunei and the disk is in singapore ?

The Leopard system disc contains the Windows drivers that you'll need post-install. I don't believe they are available elsewhere. I would wait until you have access to the disc.

i am worried that if the swap to XP wasnt successful , i wouldnt be able to get back to my original OS-X .

pls give me some advice ..

thanks in advance

Boot Camp doesn't remove OS X, it merely sets it up to dual boot with XP. I would definitely wait until you have your Leopard disc handy and you've legally purchased a compatible version of Windows.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHz Intel C2D , 2GB , 15.4Inch
thanks for ur reply bro .. i guess i jus had to wait till the got access to my disk then i start doing the swap ..

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.