Thanks for the forum & the posts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
Well the new iMac arrived today, took it home quickly to 'test' it out - not enough time to really get into it. But I was thrilled how easy the setup was and how quick. Dealing with my organizations 15 computers with XP and 4 at home I can say none of them were up and running as quick as the Mac was. Found my network and I was good to go.

Only thing that I had issue with was the mouse kept sort of flipping between open windows and I had one heck of a time clicking on anything. I eventually got my Logitech Bluetooth mouse, and I clicked on a couple settings (can't recall which now) and the flipping seemed to have stopped. I need to figure out what I was doing wrong there.

My kids are excited to try the Mac out too. When they saw Garage Band they got pretty excited. Having used a MacPlus and Mac SE years ago I can see I've got some relearning to do... but jazzed to try and learn!

Thanks for the forums and all the posts, the search has been a huge help as I made my decision to switch!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Well the new iMac arrived today, took it home quickly to 'test' it out - not enough time to really get into it. But I was thrilled how easy the setup was and how quick. Dealing with my organizations 15 computers with XP and 4 at home I can say none of them were up and running as quick as the Mac was. Found my network and I was good to go.

Only thing that I had issue with was the mouse kept sort of flipping between open windows and I had one heck of a time clicking on anything. I eventually got my Logitech Bluetooth mouse, and I clicked on a couple settings (can't recall which now) and the flipping seemed to have stopped. I need to figure out what I was doing wrong there.

My kids are excited to try the Mac out too. When they saw Garage Band they got pretty excited. Having used a MacPlus and Mac SE years ago I can see I've got some relearning to do... but jazzed to try and learn!

Thanks for the forums and all the posts, the search has been a huge help as I made my decision to switch!

Congrats on the new purchase. The i-Mac is a great machine!! I had to get use to the the mouse when I first started using it as well. Make sure you aren't pressing the sides of the mouse and also play around with the mouse settings. There's either a love or hate relationship with most users when it comes to the Apple mouse. :D :Shouting:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.