Transferring iPhoto or Aperture Library to PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
1. Hypothetically, is there an easy way to export thousands of photos from iPhoto or Aperture to a PC? I guess the events would have to become folders. I'm actually leaning towards Aperture replacing iPhoto for me--Not having the ability to alphabetize hundreds of iPhoto events is preposterous. Apple should be ashamed. Aperture solves the problem though, so I am happy.

I checked out File>Export on both programs, but there isn't really an option for Library. I also tried to select the iPhoto Library or the Aperture Library as a large file, but they are greyed out and cannot be selected.

2. Is there a way to access the photo Libraries via the Finder? I guess this would be similar to MyPictures on a PC? Coming from a PC background, I am used to dragging photos as files into emails. Opening an application and then exporting the photos to an email seems cumbersome. It would also make transferring to a PC a breeze.

OP
Jaygray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
A lot of people have viewed this post, but no one has replied. If you're reading this, very quickly, is it because?

A. No one has an answer how to do it easily.

B. No one can figure out why you'd want to put something back on a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I'm pretty sure it's A... sorry man, when i had problems like these and I was a new switcher I just called apple support, they love to help! Plus if they can't find an answer they'll send you too the engineering team and since they made the OS they'll be able to help you for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
I was just looking at iPhoto and realized that if you select Photos in the library area and all of your photos appear in the client area that clicking Export will do all of your pictures. Note the count of photos in the lower left corner of the Export window - it should match up with your total photo count.

Reaction score
A lot of people have viewed this post, but no one has replied. If you're reading this, very quickly, is it because?

A. No one has an answer how to do it easily.

B. No one can figure out why you'd want to put something back on a PC.

I never have used a laptop except on vacations, but am finally getting an iPad, which does everything I need. The Windows laptop is older than our Macs, and I will give it to my son - but want to load all of my photos on it. I don't have any hope that I can structure it nicely into nested subfolders - but I'd like to do it as structured as possible.

Still - I have other relatives with PCs, and lots of family photos to share.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.