plugging a hi fi set

Reaction score
hey
what I would like to do is not only plugging the hi fi set to my iMac, but I would like both hifi speakers and iMac speaker to play. thus I would have like 3 loudspeakers. doable?

regards,

goliat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
all you would need is a mini-plug to RCA cable running out of your headphone jack and into the back of your stereo. you can get those at any radio shack/guitar center/sam ash and are pretty affordable. as for having BOTH your sound out AND your built-in speakers playing at the same time, i dont think it's possible. the computer will detect that something is plugged into the sound out and mute speakers. although i could be wrong. hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
not that I know of, unless there is a hack. The internal speakers are muted as soon as you connect anything to the analogue or digital line out

OP
G
Reaction score
yeah, I know how to just plug it and I have a cable too, even a pretty good one, but I'd like to add speakers not replace them ; /

there could be a hack. it must be doable o__O

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.