Vista Home Premium Booting Problems

Reaction score
Hi there,

Complete novice to Macs in general and the whole concept of dual booting here, and first time poster.

I bought a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit after being advised by a pal that works in I.T. so I could dual boot it with my MacBook Pro.

The O/S seems to load fine however when I try to load the drivers from the OS X disc I get a couple of errors;

Status Starting Services:
Service: Key Agent

Status Starting Services:
Service: Mac HAL

Both of these seem to fail when I run the disc, however everything else seems to install properly and Windows even acknowledges the install was successful. I am using an admin account to install the drivers obviously however I'm still receiving this error? Can anyone shed any light?

Also Vista doesn't seem to be picking up my Wireless Router at all, OS X picked it up straight away so it's definitely working, however Windows returns a statement declaring there are no available networks when I try to set it up?

Also right click functionality according to the Boot Camp manual doesn't appear to be working either? I'm aware there is third party software to fix this but is it necessary?

I know these are probably really simple questions but as I say I'm a complte novice to Macs so please humour me lol.

Thanks in advance!

OP
Y
Reaction score
Can nobody help me on this then?

I really want to get Vista up and running on my Mac and these problems seem to be inhibiting my progress.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
While in Vista, try the Apple Software Update. Have heard there were some new drivers issued for the 64 bit version in Jan. Don't know if this will solve your issue, but worth a try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
My Boot Camp installation and setup guide says that it will only support 32-bit versions of Windows.

OP
Y
Reaction score
It's not even letting me connect to the Internet in Vista, it's saying there's no networking hardware.

Help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.