First mac story

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz
I bought my MBP in January of this year and all I can say is that I'm happy to have made the switch. I've been a long time windows user since I can remember, I got my first computer back when I was 10. I think pentium 2's just came out and I was on windows 95. So for about 10 years I lived in a windows world, scoffing at the notion of using anything else. I watched the ads and laughed, made fun of the "apple cult", looked in confusion at the single button mouse. I was an apple hater.

As I entered college though, I was surprised to find out that ALL of the computers used by the art department were Macs! Before this I had never known how prevalent they were in the world of graphic design. So as the semesters went by and I got to use Macs more and more, before I knew it I was trying to use short-cuts from the Mac on my PC. I was also getting extremely frustrated with vista's constant bugs and problems with my hardware, the new toshiba notebook with vista pre-installed couldn't use the free printer it cane with because of driver issues..

So this year after scrounging enough cash, I went into the apple store and bought my Macbook Pro. OSX has just been so easy to use that I've yet to boot up my windows machine since I got my Mac. All the software I used on windows I've either found mac versions of or equal/better alternatives. It even played CoD4 at max settings, something my custom-built PC couldn't do (using almost equivalent hardware), albeit through windows xp via bootcamp.. but still! I've been nothing impressed since I made the switch, and I plan to continue using Apple computers for quite some time. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.