Webcam doesnt work on aMSN

Reaction score
Why is it that my macbook pro cam doesnt work on aMSN? I send a webcam invitation and no one accepts or declines it, it just doesnt seem to reach?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15,4" MBP 2,4 GHz, 2MB RAM, 250 GB HDD (Seagate aftermarket), Leopard, Logitech V470.
As far as I know MSN does not support video on mac ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
yeah, MSN doesnt, but aMSN does....two different programs. MSN is the microsoft based program, aMSN is a third party program. i use aMSN and it seems to work fine with my webcam. Try Mercury. Its another program like aMSN that does support webcams, so it should work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Hi was just trying to get my amsn working here too... Have you installed the latest update? Also you might find some help by browsing thier mac forums... make sure your webcam is supported, if not you can try macam, which is just open source drivers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
I found aMSN to be a hunk of crap - after a few uses I can't get it to sign in or even come up. I deleted it and once my bandwith cap is passed in the next day or so im going to install Adium instead.

Considering how long windows MSN has supported webcam its disgusting they wont do the same for Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15,4" MBP 2,4 GHz, 2MB RAM, 250 GB HDD (Seagate aftermarket), Leopard, Logitech V470.
yeah, MSN doesnt, but aMSN does....two different programs. MSN is the microsoft based program, aMSN is a third party program.
:Blushing:
That'll teach me to read carefully ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHz Intel C2D , 2GB , 15.4Inch
hmmm .. windows messager for mac is more quick chat with others . aMsn and mercury is for webcam chatting ..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.