iPhoto Printing Help

P

pharmer

I need some help printing off pictures from iPhoto on 4 x 6 photo paper. I can't find where to change the paper size. I tried page set up, but I couldn't find 4 x 6 as a choice. I also looked through all the print options and I couldn't see it there either. Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
When you select print go to the advanced options at the bottom and then there should be a pulldown menu option that says Paper Type/Quality where you can change it. It might also depend on what type of printer you have

OP
V

VastDeathmaster

Speaking of iphoto...

Is there a way to get iPhoto to arrange how how the files are saved to the harddrive? If I want to access the images outside of iPhoto, I have to go hunting. Only recently have I realized that pictures are saved in folders subdivided by Month then day. It is annoying to go hunting for files that way. Ideally, I'd have the files in folder names of MY choosing. Is this an option, or do I deal with iPhoto's methods. :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Well if you put them in albums then you can go and look through the albums but you will only be looking at the Alias' of the picture not the original

OP
P

pharmer

trpnmonkey41 said:
When you select print go to the advanced options at the bottom and then there should be a pulldown menu option that says Paper Type/Quality where you can change it. It might also depend on what type of printer you have

I had tried that advanced button with the extra pulldown menus. In that paper type/quality menu it gives you many options for different kinds of paper, but not any different sizes. I had used my printer with my PC to print off 4 x 6 prints with no problem. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks.

OP
G

gkiely72

pharmer said:
I need some help printing off pictures from iPhoto on 4 x 6 photo paper. I can't find where to change the paper size. I tried page set up, but I couldn't find 4 x 6 as a choice. I also looked through all the print options and I couldn't see it there either. Can anybody help me?

Thanks.
As you have the g5, i will assume that you have iphoto 4
on this you click on the print icon at the bottom left hand side of the screen and there you go you can change your print size.

OP
P

pharmer

gkiely72 said:
As you have the g5, i will assume that you have iphoto 4
on this you click on the print icon at the bottom left hand side of the screen and there you go you can change your print size.

Thanks for all the help guys. I actually emailed HP and they figured it out. I wasn't specifically selecting my printer in page setup. I had just left it at any printer so it wouldn't give me the 4 x 6 option. Once I selected my printer, I had all kinds of options. I figured it was just a setting somewhere. Glad I got it solved though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.