Uninstalling Adobe products in Leopard

Reaction score
Ok this is a strange-ish situation I am in. So I recently got a macbook pro, and this is my first mac. It came with Leopard installed.

So I install the CS3 design premium trial and start to use it a bit. I find out that there really is not any more features in it and I can make do with the CS2 version, so I go about trying to uninstall it. Being an apple noob, I check up on how to do that, and I just drag all the stuff from the applications folder into the trash. Being kind of anal, I also empty the trash. I now try to install the Photoshop CS3 extended edition (trial as I wanted to see what more was in the extended edition), and it tells me it can't because there is already a version of photoshop installed. So I try to run the design premium trial CD again to uninstall, and the setup program can't run.

So my question is how the heck do I completely uninstall CS3 design premium now? I have reinstalled CS2 suit (actually only the photoshop and indesign parts as that what I use), and that seemed to have installed ok.

So yeah stupid Adobe and their non standard installers.

Also has anybody tried to install the noiseware plugin for photoshop CS2 under Leopard? It says it has installed, but it never appears in my photoshop. I have XP installed under bootcamp which I can access with VMware Fusion, but I got the mac to use a mac, not to boot into windows all the time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reaction score
A lot of programs are self contained and you can just put them in the trash, but some do need uninstallers. Probably because Photoshop and other Adobe programs are pretty complex. The uninstaller is probably on the install cd, but you say it won't run. Also, on my machine in Utilities there's a folder called Adobe Installers and in there an add or remove adobe utility. You could give that a try.

There might be a problem uninstalling since you actually deleted the programs. If it doesn't work, I would do a search for adobe and see what files are still on your computer. Though it might be hard to distinguish which are the files associated with CS3 and the ones for CS2. Most of the files are stored in your library>application support>adobe I think.

OP
F
Reaction score
For some reason the installer app worked when I tried today (maybe it was installing CS2 that did it) So I am all good now. I can finally do some actual work instead of trying to configure a new computer.

Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.