• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What you do when you're bored

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD
Okay so there are just those times that we all have nothing to do... So what do you do when your absolutely bored?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
As stupid as this sounds, I start to mess with one of 4 desktop AMD machines I"ve got here, 3 of which are play machines that I do stuff to blow up Windows on a regular basis.....saves the headaches for when some software hits the main Windows Machine......and try as I might, I haven't ben able to blow up my OS X install on the iMac........hrm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I read... a lot. Put on some music and read. Right now I am reading "Brave New World" and "Brave New World Revisited".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Only boring people get bored.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I don't really get bored. I always have something to do, whether it's browsing the Net, doing some work for another site, reading for pleasure/work. Never a dull moment here in Kashville :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
If I was bored, I wouldn't be doing anything ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
addictinggames.com. monsta truck it awesome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
;D. All that needs to be said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Visit M-F and become unbored!

Reaction score
I usually go out either to my friends or just a walk around the block. If I'm feeling lazy I usually flick through my games collection and pick out something i haven't played for a long time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
I either rub one out and go to sleep or sleep. I'm never that bored that I can't think of something, usually if I'm "bored" I'm procrastinating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Nothing. That's why I'm bored though cause I can't think of what to do. Well to beat boredom I usually either :

write some lyrics or music
look up a few recipes (I am a chef)
keep myself up to date with the mac world through magazines or here usually
or lastly sometimes I'll play a video/computer game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Core 2 Duo iMac, MacBook Pro, iPod Classic 80GB, iPhone 3G
I wish I had time to be bored! If I'm not working 28 hour days, the Mrs soon finds me something to do around the house, and with a baby on the way, my friends assure me that it is only going to get worse!

When I can I go clay shooting quite a bit but seem to find the time for that less and less these days.

Tom

Reaction score
I either watch TV, call up a friend, play video games, run around outside, pet my cats, eat, watch a movie, listen to music, surf the net, watch videos, worship my Mac, organize my stuff, work on school stuff, play around with my video camera, put stuff on YouTube, read a magazine, read a book occasionally, walk, run, sleep, lay down, count my money, work, practice typing, back up my computer, sync my iPhone with my computer, and thats about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I usually find myself reinstalling an operating system on some computer when I'm bored.

Yesterday, I actually tracked down a copy of the Windows 95 "Chicago" beta and installed that on a virtual machine.

I tell ya what, as much as I dislike M$, they sure did come a long way.

Well, only to take a step backwards with Vista.

OP
srmorris2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay and I am a new macbook owner and am looking for those little applications that I might need or could play with when I do get bored. Can anyone reccomend anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
drink some beers

Reaction score
Usually...I am at work...but on my days off I go home and visit my friends and family...and/or I workout and run and play a little basketball and sometimes paintball but my team is in Iraq or Afghan so it makes it hard to play without my team.

OP
srmorris2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and its hard for me to drink at the age of 17...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.