New Mac owner need help - switcher - graphics?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

Today a friend gave me a imac and an emac (lucky me!). I am a graphic artist and I have been a PC user for many years, although 15-20 years ago I did do desktop publishing on the early macs. I mainly worked in the networking idustry in training and marketing and I have done lots of computer graphics for print, trade shows, presentations and I really love animation. I have not done a ton of web design, yet.

I have several problems:
1) the emac will not boot I did get a spinning circle to come up, but so far no boot anyone got ideas of how I might get it to boot? I tried using the keys mentioned in the manual (apple button, option p and R) (forgive me I am a PC user)
2) the imac has a CD stuck in the drive

I have many questions about software I might run, as I want to determine if I can use these machines to begin freelancing again. My goal is to run the CS Suite, I want to do print graphics (learn InDesign) do websites (learn Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, etc) and begin doing animation once again. I was going to buy the master CS3 suite for the PC when this friend donated these macs to me. I was very curious about switching, and I wonder if I could use these macs.

Again forgive me I am a PC user, what versions of CS runs on the imac and emac? The imac seems to have been used from 2000-2003 would it run older CS versions? Can I run CS3 on the emac or do I have to buy CS2? I was thinking I could buy older versions cheaper and they might work, are there disadvantges??? If I could get them cheaper perhaps I could save up and in the future I could upgrade. The emac is running OS X and I need to check what OS the imac is running.

Any thoughts???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.