Your iPhone is water damaged with 1000's of precious photos not backed up?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Great article. By the way, there are numerous accounts from various ex-members of the Apple Forums who have been banned for posting information that either contradicted or went against some Apple policy. Of course it's Apple forums and they can run them anyway they please, but it's good to know that there are other forums like ours that users can turn to.

As for the recovery business she runs, the $300 she charges with a money back guarantee is a bargain.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Thats a great deal. I'm sure she's going to get lots of business. Obviously this is a good argument for backing up, either at home or online but we know that's simply not going to happen, sometimes for very understandable reasons.
As for Apple's service policies, they do fall a bit short sometimes. I took my 2015 MBPr 500Gb to an Apple Genius Bar in Australia a few months ago with a swollen battery. The guy who received me at the front door said, 2015 oh, you'll probably need to buy a new one. Of course I was amazed, I said, but it works perfectly it just bulges a bit in the middle. It doesn't matter he said. We can't replace the battery on a >3 year old device because it's too dangerous.
What actually happened was that they realised that although it was a 2015 model it had been purchased in January 2016. Suddenly everything changed. Despite the manufacture date this made the device less than 3 years old and under Australian Consumer Regulations they are obligated to replace the battery and provide any works required for free. Not only that but apparently to replace the battery on this model they also need to replace the Keyboard and Trackpad which would have cost me just under AU300.00.
Funny how the process was not too dangerous when the dates shifted a little.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Great article. By the way, there are numerous accounts from various ex-members of the Apple Forums who have been banned for posting information that either contradicted or went against some Apple policy. Of course it's Apple forums and they can run them anyway they please, but it's good to know that there are other forums like ours that users can turn to.

As for the recovery business she runs, the $300 she charges with a money back guarantee is a bargain.

Yes, GREAT deal. I saw a video of her recovering 1000s of pics from a damaged iphone a few days ago. She is amazing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.