Yellow tint week 17 Made in April

Reaction score
Ok guys can you tell me if you see yellow tint i also have 2 dust spots under the screen that i can only see when screen is off and i have to get quiet close. I can also live with this since i got my self imac to learn FCP and Motion design but i have read many posts about flickering, black spoots under screen after 3 months. Now i am thinking before my 14 day expires should i get my money back? And buy mac pro. Also on my receipts it say 220 fee if opened *** is that. My imac is week 17 all is good except yellow. and how much bleding should be in imac when i watch movies with black bar at top and bottom i can se some bleding of white is this normal

And if apple fixed yellow tint issue what week i should look for this one was made in april

I took the images with pentax optio e80 in total dark and with lights on.

Thanks guys

Imageshack - imgp1265j.jpg
Imageshack - imgp1266k.jpg
Imageshack - imgp1267h.jpg
Imageshack - imgp1268y.jpg
Imageshack - imgp1269f.jpg
Imageshack - imgp1270s.jpg
Imageshack - imgp1271.jpg
Imageshack - imgp1272.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The yellow tint is a known problem with certain iMac models (27" iMac in particular). Apple is aware of it and has been replacing these machines with new ones. There have also been several updates that address the problem. I would take the machine back to where you purchased it. You should not have to pay a restocking fee - but then again, I don't know where and who you purchased it from.

Regards.

OP
E
Reaction score
i got it at apple store here in canada ontario, hmmm i think i will give it back but what week i should go for?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.