Wifi Problem - iPhone 6

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could help me?

Recently, our iPhone 6es and iPads have been extremely slow on our wifi network. I know it is not the modem or the router because nothing has been changed on them. Also, our other devices do work, even Apple products. Our iMac, Airbook, and Macbook all work flawlessly. My son's PC works fine and our Smart Tvs are unaffected.

So I am hearing that it is an iOS 8 problem but the postings I am seeing are from awhile ago. What do I do? When I am inside the house sometimes I have to use my data on my phone but my iPad is not hooked up to data which renders it useless if I am trying to get on the wifi.

I have tried resetting the network, changing DNS, rebooting the modem and router, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Recently, our iPhone 6es and iPads have been extremely slow on our wifi network. I know it is not the modem or the router because nothing has been changed on them. Also, our other devices do work, even Apple products. Our iMac, Airbook, and Macbook all work flawlessly. My son's PC works fine and our Smart Tvs are unaffected.

So I am hearing that it is an iOS 8 problem but the postings I am seeing are from awhile ago. What do I do? When I am inside the house sometimes I have to use my data on my phone but my iPad is not hooked up to data which renders it useless if I am trying to get on the wifi.

I have tried resetting the network, changing DNS, rebooting the modem and router, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Seems like you've done a LOT already to try to fix the iOS issue w/ your devices - 'power recycling' the modem & router are often my first suggestions, but that does not seemed to have helped. Have you recently upgraded or updated your iDevices to a newer iOS version? If so, did you 'Reset' the devices, i.e. use both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then release and allow each to reboot? Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.