which imac should i get?

Reaction score
I've never owned a mac before -- 15 year PC user...

Anyway I know that I am going to buy a Mac, for several reasons. However, I am torn between the higher-end 21.5" ($1499) and the base 27" model ($1699).

Since the "insides" are the same on both models, which would you recommend for me? I am mostly using it for video editing, web browsing, and music playing.
The 21.5 seems too small and the 27 seems too big... the 24 would be "just right" but that's not available anymore.

Thanks.

Edit: one more thing, does Apple ever reduce their prices at the apple store, seeing as how this has been out for several months now and the ipad seems to be all the rage right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
I was pretty much in the same exact situation as you about three months ago. I went with the 27" and I am 100% glad I did. It definitely seemed big at first but now not at all and I would highly recommend it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
Video editing would best be suited for the 27". Also check the refurb store to see if they have any 24" or discounted 27"

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Apple doesn't reduce the prices of released products..but you can definitely get great deals from the Refurb store..

I picked up my i7 27" iMac for nearly $400 less than the retail price and looking at it you can't tell it's refurbished. Absolutely flawless, the only thing is the box is just a plain white box and the small box that contains the CD's says Apple Refurbished..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.