Where are the Mac Forums page view options? Can't change to dark Mode

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
It's so long since i did this i simply can't remember. I have been using dark mode for this page on all my devices for ages now it's suddenly reverted to black text on white background. Usually this changes the moment I login but not today. It's the same on my other devices.
There used to be a preference at the bottom of the pace for DF Dark but now I can't find it. Did something break or is it just my memory playing tricks on me?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There used to be a preference at the bottom of the pace for DF Dark but now I can't find it. Did something break or is it just my memory playing tricks on me?
Personal preferences, "style". That should get you back to dark mode.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
As Charlie mentioned can change forum style via Account Preferences > Style.

A 2nd method is go to the bottom of any Mac-Forums page...lower left corner...click on the style...and you'll get a pop-up window with all possible style choices.

Nick

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Thank you both but there must have been a momentary glitch. When i reopened MF the view was back to MF Dark.
When I looked at personal preferences the Style Menu was not there and bottom left option with the paintbrush was missing as well. Same on my iPhone.
Anyhow fixed now, thanks again for the rapid response. (y)

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Rod,

I think Nick was referring to this:

S1.jpg

It's right at the very bottom, far left. Clicking on this brings up the options "MF Traditional" (ie Light mode) or "Dark Mode".

As you can see, I'm old fashioned and prefer the light or traditional mode, on my iMac anyway. Dark Mode on my iPhone is rather nice, but I digress.

Ian

PS Maybe it's not visible on the iDevices???

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, it’s all back now Ian, just for about an hour yesterday those options were simply not there. I also had problems logging out which I tried a couple of times thinking loggin out then in might fix it but I kept getting a security warning with a request to use the back button and refresh the page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.