• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What vehicle do you drive? Please share your vehicle pics!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I guess my mind is aging because I could have sworn we had a thread that asked what car you drive, but couldn't find it. :rofl

Please share the vehicles you drive, and any story behind them. Feel free to post what you like/dislike about it, how you use it, and anything cool to know about it.

Please, no heated arguments with forum members!

So, I've been doing some vehicle soul searching for a few months, but haven't really fallin in love with anything in particular. My daily was a 2013 Mercedes E350. I was just about to cross 100k miles and still had a year left on my extended unlimited mile warranty through Mercedes. I've been driving over 20K miles a year, and no longer felt like paying a second car payment just for gas. So I started looking for a small SUV. The only small SUV that I seem to like from the "reliable bunch" is the new CR-V, so I went for a test drive at our local dealer. However, owning a Mercedes, you get kind of spoiled with quietness and comfort. We had bought my mom a certified fully loaded white CR-V 3 months ago, and after driving the new one, I honestly felt like the new one didn't drive as well as the old generation. It was rough sounding, and there's no way I could stand driving that daily. So, the salesman asked me what else were you looking at, and I told him the Insight sounded interesting, but I didn't like the price of the top trim. He mentioned, we have great deals on the new Accord Hybrid. So I told him to show me one. I didn't even make it out the dealer lot before I realized I had to buy one. Came back the next day and bought it! :D

This is my 2013 Mercedes E-350 Sport 4Matic w/ Premium Package+
Snapchat-1889574074.jpg

This is my new 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L
Hot off the dealer lot!
IMG_20190411_195500_928.jpg
20190412_083355.jpg

Been averaging 48mpg since I bought it! I'm loving it!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
IMG_0521.JPG

2017 Accord Hybrid Touring. Pretty much like everything about it, especially the mileage! I was also a Mercedes guy and was very particular when choosing another brand.

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey Iggi...both are very nice vehicles.:) Wasn't 100% sure...but are these your two vehicles now (Mercedes & Honda)?...and did you mainly get the Honda for the better fuel economy?

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
This is my new 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L
Hot off the dealer lot!

So, how how many times have you made a grab for the normally placed gear selector now??? :Smirk:

And I'm guessing you haven't engaged any Sport Mode buttons — well not yet maybe... :Evil:

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
here's my pride and joy :)

uas2.jpg

uas3.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VERY NICE Audi!!!:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
VERY NICE Audi!!!:)

thanks Nick :)

I got a TT about 6 months after my stem cell transplant as a way to give cancer the finger!! I then saw this very TTS in the showroom about 18 months later and that was that - I had to have it.

Sadly my back is deteriorating to the point I find it hard to get in and out of the thing and I may have to change it for something more sensible. I'm holding off though as, to me anyway, it would seem like a concession to my illness I don't want to make!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hang on as long as you can. Just had a good friend of mine give up on his 2018 Corvette because of a bad back. He traded it for a 2019 Camaro - another muscle car but easier to get in and out of. :smile

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Treat cars are always special. I bought one of the original model TTs as a pick me up during a tough time at work 15 years ago. Loved it but exchanged for this after surgery for a brain tumour (fortunately benign) in 2011: Renault Megane coupé/cabriolet, me in the front. It's eight now but I do so little mileage I can't justify buying a newer car - and wouldn't know what to choose anyway as I love this. Daft that convertibles are more popular in the UK, with our unpredictable weather, than elsewhere in Europe!

fullsizeoutput_6d8b.jpeg

P1000784.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Treat cars are always special. I bought one of the original model TTs as a pick me up during a tough time at work 15 years ago. Loved it but exchanged for this after surgery for a brain tumour (fortunately benign) in 2011: Renault Megane coupé/cabriolet, me in the front. It's eight now but I do so little mileage I can't justify buying a newer car - and wouldn't know what to choose anyway as I love this. Daft that convertibles are more popular in the UK, with our unpredictable weather, than elsewhere in Europe!

Looks like a shoe-shopping trip to me! Lol

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looks like a shoe-shopping trip to me! Lol

- Nick

And maybe add a few cases of wine and deluxe chocolates!!! :Smirk:

It does look like a nice fun car!! Not available over here.

- Patrick
======

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
My favourite:

27_June_2005_002.jpg

Then a couple of others:

DSCN1235.jpg

Black 3.jpg

Before these recent ones (last 10 years), a TVR 4 litre V8 - rubbish build but great engine.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
a TVR 4 litre V8

WOW!!! I haven't heard much about any TVR's out here, at least not much lately or if any really since the owner of the motorsports garage where I worked during University imported, raced and sold them in the mid-late '60s.

I purchased his 1960 MGA 1600 after he retired it from his conference racing circuit, and I sure wish I had been able to keep it, but that wasn't exactly a good family car!!! :Smirk:

Believe it or not, I ended up selling it and buying an MGB for more room when my daughter was born. Yeah right, but the small jumpseat shelf seat in the back was a huge improvement!!! ;D

Currently own and drive a 2006 Suzuki Aerio AWD SX Premium edition. Fun car to drive and suits my current day minimal driving needs just fine. Suzuki stopped selling their cars in Canada in 2014 unfortunately.

- Patrick
======

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Hey Iggi...both are very nice vehicles.:) Wasn't 100% sure...but are these your two vehicles now (Mercedes & Honda)?...and did you mainly get the Honda for the better fuel economy?

- Nick

I traded the E350 in on the Accord. Mileage was certainly one of the bigger factors. I LOVED my E350, but it was my daily driver, and with it now being over 100k miles, I was starting to get nervous about issues that might come up during a long drive. The 7-speed adaptive transmission is known for having one of the many hydraulic solenoids acting up, and I was starting to feel it between 4th and 5th gear. It's an expensive job that Mercedes will rarely actually replace parts on, even though I'm still under their warranty. I put 70k miles in 3 years, and the value of my car was good enough to where the dealer didn't have issues giving me what I wanted on trade-in. I was going to just sell it at our own lot anyways if they wouldn't have. I still have a certified warranty that I paid for, and I just now remembered I need to call them for a refund LOL.

So, how how many times have you made a grab for the normally placed gear selector now??? :Smirk:

And I'm guessing you haven't engaged any Sport Mode buttons — well not yet maybe... :Evil:

- Patrick
======
My E350 has the shifter behind the steering wheel, which I love. My middle finger had occasionally tried to find it and rest on it while driving, and especially when it's time to place it in gear. I can't complain though because the tech in this Accord is incredible....just a perfect fit for my tech-loving-heart!

Last edited:
OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
View attachment 29710

2017 Accord Hybrid Touring. Pretty much like everything about it, especially the mileage! I was also a Mercedes guy and was very particular when choosing another brand.

Nice!! I almost had its twin :)
I bought this Accord Sport new in 2013.
IMG_0114.jpg
I have some absolutely incredible memories with this Accord that I will never forget!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Roof down today for the first time this year. We Brits know how to enjoy 15c!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have some absolutely incredible memories with this Accord that I will never forget!

Robbed a bank...lost your virginity...gave a famous person a ride to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame??;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Robbed a bank...lost your virginity...gave a famous person a ride to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame??;)

- Nick

All of the above no doubt, plus add — skunked a Porsche. No doubt still chuckling to himself... :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor

- Nick

But not necessarily all on the same day:giggle

Ian

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...

- Nick

No, I'm not that young anymore LOL :rofl It was just bunch of crazy adventures, trips, and experiences with it :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.