Web Browsers not working over data network

Reaction score
Hi, it happens quite a lot where I’ll be out and about and go to use the browser (safari or chrome) or maps (google) and it will act as if I have no connection even though I can download a podcast & make a call! It sometimes kicks back in but often won’t work until later. This is so frustrating and has caused me real issues.
any help greatly appreciated.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Being able to make calls and send SMS (not messages) is separate from being able to use your browser to access websites. Confusing, yes, but one uses the "celluar" part of your connection while the other uses the "data" part of our connection.

Many years ago, AT&T had a problem where you could use both at the same time. So, if you were on a phone call, you couldn't browse the Internet. They've resolved that issue for a while now.

So to the basics with your issue.

What version of iPhone? iOS? What carrier do you have? Does this issue happen on WiFi? What's your signal strength? Have you contacted the carrier to see what they say?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.