viewing imgs on iPhone/iCloud

Reaction score
hi,

I have an iPhone 6.. when I'm viewing photos, the phone doesn't load them from the phone, but from the cloud!! this is absurd.. I'm on a slow connection, this is very annoying, the photos take a while to load sometimtes.... in addition to which I don't have unlimited access to the internet, so the "meter" runs while I'm online..

is there a way to force the phone to load my photos from the iPhone and not from a remote location? why on earth do they do this?

thank you..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
The iCloud option saves space on the iPhone. Not all iPhones have a ton of storage. So, before we move on to how to get them on the iPhone, how much storage do you have and how much is free? What version of iOS is on the iPhone? Do you have a Mac that is logged into the same AppleID as the iPhone? How many pictures are at your iCloud account that would be loaded to the iPhone if we turn off the cloud storage?

OP
K
Reaction score
iCloud (50G) is far more space than I have on the phone (32GB)
so space should not be an issue on iCloud...
iOS is 13.3.1
my MacBook Pro is old and doesn't recognize the phone when I connect it via USB...

I don't quite get what you're getting at, actually...

at any rate, I forgot to mention in OP that the other day I turned off data & wifi to test it and the photos wouldn't load at all.. I think this is ridiculous...;~)

thank you for your help..

PS: I posted another question today, in this same forum, now when I go to the url it says the post cannot be found... :-(
tps://www.mac-forums.com/threads/remembering-wifi.362227/ (outdated link removed)
thank you..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
PS: I posted another question today, in this same forum, now when I go to the url it says the post cannot be found... :-(

Your threads have been merged by a moderator which is why it does not appear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Your threads have been merged by a moderator which is why it does not appear.
Why doesn't it bring the OP to the merged thread?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why doesn't it bring the OP to the merged thread?

There's no re-direct when threads are merged, that only occurs when threads are moved and the staff checks off the re-direct action. I would have to check to see if there is a message option to the OP that can be sent as in the case of deleted threads.

However, the OP can always bring up his original thread to see the merge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I think you missed my point. You have limited space on the phone, but want your pictures on it. So, the question is, now much space are the pictures taking up in iCloud? If the pictures take more space on iCloud than you have on the phone, you can't put them all on the phone. And with data turned off, your pictures won't transfer from the cloud because they need that data pipeline to do that. So how much space do the pictures take and how much space do you have left on the iPhone?

OP
K
Reaction score
thank you for your response.. right now I have 4 GB left.. I'm always removing photos to make sure I have at least a few GB's left... I never "put" photos on the phone.. all the photos I are photos I take with the phone camera..

thank you for your help..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.